About the Department
The Department of Computer Science is housed in the Webb School of Engineering
Mission Statement - Webb School of Engineering
To provide an extraordinary engineering and computing education through the delivery of hands-on, practical instruction that prepares graduates for a rewarding career or admission into graduate school. The Webb School of Engineering is committed to:
- Providing an environment that encourages curiosity;
- Developing technical competence within a Liberals Arts framework;
- Fostering independent thought and critical thinking to solve modern engineering and computing problems in an ethical, socially-responsible, and sustainable manner.
Mission Statement - Department of Computer Science
The mission of the Department of Computer Science is to provide a solid computer science foundation, delivered within a broad Liberal Arts framework, that will allow graduates to continually learn the latest technologies in order to solve relevant computational problems in an efficient, secure, and ethical manner.
Programs of study
- Computer Science Major (B.S. and B.A)
- Computer Science Major with a concentration in Cybersecurity (B.S.)
- Computer Science Minor
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completing the Computer Science Program at High Point University, students will have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the programs's discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgements in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member of leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing based solutions.