About the Department
The Department of Computer Science, housed in the Webb School of Engineering, offers the B.S. and B.A. degrees in Computer Science with a concentration in Cybersecurity. The department also offers a minor in Computer Science.
To create dynamic leaders in engineering and computer science.
To provide an extraordinary engineering and computing education through the delivery of hands-on, practical instruction that prepares graduates for a rewarding career or admission into graduate school. The Webb School of Engineering is committed to:
- Providing an environment that encourages curiosity;
- Developing technical competence within a Liberals Arts framework;
- Fostering independent thought and critical thinking to solve modern engineering and computing problems in an ethical, socially-responsible, and sustainable manner.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completing the Computer Science Program at High Point University, students will have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the programs's discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgements in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member of leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing based solutions.