<<< Select the volume, chapter, or section from the menu bar on the left to view solutions.
This a public database of supplemental problems and solutions written for the Matter & Interactions textbook by Ruth Chabay and Bruce Sherwood. The topic oultine for this site corresponds to the second edition of Matter & Interactions by Chabay and Sherwood.
I (Aaron Titus) wrote the initial set of problems and solutions. However, others are invited to contribute problems and solutions to the database. (See Documentation.)
- A search form
- A list of questions with videos
- A "shopping cart" for adding problems and solutions to a single LaTeX file which can be downloaded as source or as a pdf.
- A list of solutions with videos.
Major Change History
- Documentation for contributing your own problems and solutions to the database was added.
- A useable set of problems for both volumes has been posted. As of today, there are 88 solutions for Vol. I and 15 solutions for Vol. II.
The author of each problem and solution retains the copyright to that problem and solution. Each author has given permission for anyone to use it for educational purposes and to redistribute it for free to teachers and students. However, no problem or solution from this site can be used for commercial purposes without permission of the author of the problem/solution.
The php code for this site is called miSolutions and is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of Version 3 of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation.
miSolutions is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.