Jenny G. Fuselier
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Office: 153 Congdon Hall
Phone: (336) 841-9342
Email: jfuselie AT highpoint DOT edu
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
High Point University
833 Montlieu Ave.
High Point, NC 27262
SERMON 2013, April 13-14
Spring 2013 Courses
(See Blackboard for specific
course information, or email me for details.)
- Math 2410 - Calculus III
- First Year Seminar - Math and Music
- I have been at High Point University since August
- From July 2007 to June 2009, I was an assistant
professor of mathematics at the United
Military Academy at West Point.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Texas A&M University, August 2007
- B.S. in Mathematics, Texas A&M University, August 2002
- My general area of research is number theory. More
specifically, I am interested in hypergeometric functions over finite fields and their relationships to modular forms, counting points on
varieties over finite fields, and Mahler measure. Please email me if you are interested in finding out more about my research.
- My thesis advisor was Matt Papanikolas. You can see my mathematical family tree here. (Courtesy of Dr. Amanda Beecher.)
Previous Courses Taught
- (with M.J. Bertin, A. Feaver, M. Lalín, M. Manes)
Mahler measure of some singular K3-surfaces, submitted for publication. arxiv version
- (with V. Frederick Rickey) Partitioning integers into primes, submitted.
- Traces of Hecke operators in level 1 and Gaussian hypergeometric functions, accepted to Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society.
- Hypergeometric functions over F_p and relations to elliptic curves and modular forms, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 138 (2010), 109-123. Journal Link
- Hypergeometric functions over finite fields and relations to modular forms and elliptic curves, Ph.D. Thesis, Texas A&M University, 2007 [pdf]
- High Point University
- Math 1130 - Finite Math
- Math 1310 - Calculus for Business and Social Sciences
- Math 1410 - Calculus I
- Math 1420 - Calculus II
- Math 2210 - Introduction to Mathematical Thought
- Math 4010 - Number Theory
- Math 4110 - Abstract Algebra
- United States Military Academy
- MA103: Mathematical Modeling and Introduction to Calculus
- MA499: Honors Senior Thesis II
- MA488: Algebraic Number Theory (independent study)
- MA383: Foundations in Mathematics
- MA488A: Elementary Number Theory (independent study)
- MA104: Differential Calculus
- MA205: Integral Calculus
- Texas A&M University
- Integral Calculus
- Finite Math
- Differential Calculus
- I am married to
Eddie Fuselier, who is also a
mathematician, and is also an assistant professor here at HPU. We have two beautiful daughters, Ellie and Sophie
who keep us very busy!
- My parents, John and Joy, are retired from over 30 years of moving all over the
world doing various projects for my dad's job. They now live in Georgia and enjoy spoiling their grandchildren!
- I have two siblings. My older sister Joanna
is a critical care nurse and lives in Georgia with her husband
Jonathan (an architect) and their kiddos Jasmine and Jakob. My younger
brother Justin lives in NYC. He works in
currency exchange, and runs a company called ShiftForex.